This Saturday night game between the Muskegon Lumberjacks and the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the United States Hockey League featured a unique move by 17-year-old defenseman Travis Walsh to win the shootout for Muskegon. He told the Huffington Post, "I didn't have the move planned, but for some reason I got an urge to do it. "I came up with it five years ago when I was messing around with pucks on an outdoor rink. I didn't really think I was going to do it until right before I did it. It ended up working out well." I have to admit that I don't follow minor league hockey, but I do keep tabs on the NHL as an avid New York Islanders fan and this is no routine goal, especially for a tall and bulky defenseman such as Walsh. I'm going to have to keep tabs on this prospect from now on. Enjoy the video...
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Categories: cedar, hockey league, huffington post, lumberjacks, Muskegon, new york islanders, NHL, rapids, travis walsh, united states
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 by Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hot Now!
-
The often humble receiver is miked up during the Texans/Titans game and we get a close-up look at what provoked the heavyweight battle betwe...
-
The New York Jets are on the brink of a playoff berth , only needing a win over the Bears on Sunday to clinch. Unfortunately, there appears ...
-
It was a fight of epic proportions – Ortiz vs. Mayweather. Yet it failed to live up to the hype, and instead gave fans a taste of the real...
-
Listen to internet radio with jzsports on Blog Talk Radio
-
Is this what most young athletes miss out on during their early years? These are clearly trained athletes, yet they seem to be exerting as m...
-
Listen to internet radio with jzsports on Blog Talk Radio
-
Listen to internet radio with jzsports on Blog Talk Radio
-
Look at this. Look long and hard. See something wrong with this picture? Yeah, you do. The Boston Celtics led last night's game by 1...
-
It seems like a tidal wave has hit the usually optimistic and positive Gang Green. The season began with such promise and at 9-2 most believ...
Powered by Blogger.
.
.
.
.
.
.
0 comments:
Post a Comment